10.8.17 - Day 4 / Week 1: Today

This week has been one rollercoaster of emotions - from excitement, exhaustion and a long string of nerves, to trying to find our feet and how we best fit into the care home environment without disturbing what is already going on. Today is when I felt completely at ease - when Joe, one of the residents spent time warming up my freezing cold fingers, with his huge hands. 

I've been trying to put my finger on it and I think that the battle is this - when you have a blank canvas and no time restrictions it feels overwhelming and hard to know where to start and stop. We are worried about what the staff think of us, we are trying to constantly work out what our priority is, and its hard. I always knew that the first week would be tough but we are really excited for next week now after this journey! 

Claire